International flying via a private jet charter had been around for quite a while now, despite the fact that it is among a few elite of the society. Private jet is a jet aircraft planned to convey a particular class of people from one place to another. On the other hand, the use of a private jet charter can be extended to other roles like express parcel deliveries, evacuation of casualties and lots more. However, there have been many changes in the business of private jet charter between now and the past 20 years.
Here is how people talked about international flying via a private jet charter 20 years ago.
The first Flight of the 2000s
- The very first private jet called Rolls Royce AE 3007 was manufactured by Embraer on March 31, 2001.
- It was a 50,000 pounds or 22.5 tons plane
- On August 14, 2001, the first flight from Bombardier Challenger was made. The 38,850 pounds or 17.62 tons plane is powered by two 6,825 pounds force. This was the 500th edition and was delivered in 2015.
- Eclipse 500 is the very light jet and it was launched on August 26, 2002
- It was powered by two 900 pound forces.
- This has been followed by 8,645 pounds or 3.921 tons Cessna Citation Mustang, which also took off on April 23, 2005. It produced at more than 450 and powered by two 1,600 pounds force.
Most private jet charters have two jet engines, typically rear mounted podded engine, despite the fact that the early Lockheed Jetstar had four. It was noticed that if the engine is mounted under their low wing, there will be no allowance for enough engine clearance with no too long landing gear. With its above the wing engine pods, Honda-Jet is an exception.
In addition, Dassault Falcon still produces the popular three engine models got from Falcon 50, despite the fact that the light jets market has been the development of a lot of one engine designs like Citrus SF 50.
There were 21,342 private jets in the global fleet, of which 11.1 percent were for sale. Their 5-year old aircraft left over value level is estimated at a 55 percent value of the list price. Almost 70 percent of the fleet can be found in North America as at the end of 2011.
With increasing activity in Central America, Asia and Middle East, the European market is the next largest market for private jets. The total billing for airplane amounted to USD21.9 billion in 2015, while 718 private jets were handed over to clients all over the world the same year.
Categories of Private Jet Charter
- Very light jets – This particular classification was started when the Eclipse 500 was released in 31, December 2006. This was cheaper than the current private jet and similar to the turboprop airplanes. However, Eclipse Aviation who were the initiator of Eclipse 500 filed for bankruptcy in February 2009 because they failed to sustain their business models.
- Light jets – Since the arrival of the Learjet 23 in the early 1960s, light jets have been the staple of the private jet charter industry. They give access to small airports as well as the speed for it to be an effectual air travel tool. The aircraft of this category are the Phenom 300, Learjet 40, Learjet 31, Hawker 400, Cessna Citation II/Encore/Ultra/Bravo, Cessna Citation Jet 123 and Beechcraft Premier.